Summer Staff FAQs
Will I Get Paid?
YES! We pay a daily rate which depends on your previous camp experience and position. A full summer contract of 12 weeks for a new summer staff members pay approx. $2,100. Pay increases with each additional summer up to $3,100 for the summer.
Who Do You Hire?
You must love kids, love Jesus, and love community! We look for positive, enthusiastic, fun loving people to speak into the next generation! You must be patient, flexible and have a strong work ethic!
When Does Camp Start and End?
The summer begins for Unit Leaders on May 14 and the rest of the summer staff starts on May 26th. The summer ends on Friday, Aug. 7th with an amazing summer staff party to celebrate all God has done in and through us!
When Is Staff Training?
- May 14— May 17 Unit Leader Training
- May 18 Unit Leader Fun Activity Day
- May 19 — May 23 Unit Leader Training
- May 24 — May 25 Off Memorial Day
- May 26 — May 28 All Staff Training
- May 29 — May 31 Camp Ed Bear / Staff Training
- June 1 — June 5 All Staff Training
- June 7 — June 12 Middle School
- June 14 — June 19 Middle School
- June 21 — June 26 High School
- June 28 — July 3 Elementary (Hocking Hills Adventure Trip)
- July 5 — July 10 Middle School
- July 12 — July 17 Elementary (New River Adventure Trip)
- July 19 — July 24 Middle School
- July 26 — July 31 Elementary (Allegany Backpacking Adventure Trip)
- Aug 2 — Aug 7 Middle School/Elementary
Our staff training is vital to the success of our summer. The ability to attend all of training is required for you to be considered for our summer staff. Unit Leaders start training on May 14th. All other staff training starts on May 26th.
Where Is Camp Located?
Camp Carl is located at 8054 Calvin Rd. Ravenna, OH, 44266 right next to West Branch State Park. We are 30 minutes east of Akron, Ohio.
I have a hilarious cowboy costume. can i bring it with me?
Giddy Up! You will fit right in! We will have themed nights 4 evenings of each week. Be prepared to go all out each night!
Do I get time off?
Yes, absolutely! Each week you will be off from Friday evening to Sunday early afternoon. In addition, you will have the option of taking an entire week off. However, this week off will be unpaid.
Do i have to pay for housing and food or is that included?
No. We pay for your meals and your housing! For those out of town staff, you will also be able to stay at camp for the weekend. Many out of town staff spend the weekends with summer staff that live local.
will i get to choose what i'll be doing for summer?
During your on-line application, you will have the opportunity to rank your top one or two positions. We will work closely with you during the interview process to narrow down your position by understanding your passions and gifting.